A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Formula MAX is a video game about hover machines that go very fast. Apparently some people did that before, but they don't seem like they'll be doing it anymore.
- Left Stick: Steering/Altitude
- Button South (A/B/Cross): Accel
- Button West (X/Y/Square): Boost
- Button East (B/A/Circle): Cruise (auto-accel)
- Triggers: Slide (while airborne: roll)
- Bumpers: Side attack
- D-pad: Change camera
- Right stick: Freelook/Zoom (will automatically enable cruise)
Turn and slide in opposite directions to force a drift. Do a side attack while sliding to do a spin attack.
Boosting consumes energy, which is replenished on the purple pit areas. You also lose energy by hitting side rails and other racers. If damaged while at zero energy, you'll explode unless you get to a pit area or successfully attack another racer in time.
Single Joy-Cons are also supported on Linux. Press SL while selecting your machine or while paused to toggle Joy-Con gyro for your player.
Music tracks "Fullspeed" and "Crow's Red" are by Luce and Ori Taggart respectively.
Engine sounds are by janevdmerwe1995 on freesound.org.
Fonts are GN-Kin-iro Sans Serif on getsuren.com (in-game and logo), Techfont by Jorge Algarin (in-game, French locale) and Hypik by Matt Wilson on dafont.com (logo).
|Made with||Unity, Blender|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Languages||English, French, Japanese|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Playstation controller, Joy-Con|
|Multiplayer||Local multiplayer, Ad-hoc networked multiplayer|
|Player count||1 - 4|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Formula MAX demo 8Jul 09, 2023
- Formula MAX demo 7.4.2Jun 28, 2023
- Formula MAX demo 7.4Jun 20, 2023
- Formula MAX demo 7.3Jun 19, 2023
- Formula MAX demo 7.2Jun 18, 2023
- Formula MAX demo 7.1Jun 16, 2023
- Formula MAX demo 7Jun 16, 2023
- Formula MAX demo 6Jun 12, 2023